Wednesday, June 25, 2008

SUMMER OF COWS


These are the beginnings of my latest series of cows. I always seem to have cow paintings. You get to see the start of these and form an opinion if they're successful.
The first one will be white cows. I've passed a farm with a large herd, and finally got the opportunity to catch them moving out of the shadows and into the tall amber grass.
The second one of black cows in the stream I noticed in Tennessee this spring. It was just as the leaves on the trees came out.
The third painting was seen just recently. Most of this mixed herd was in the sun, but a few were under the deep shadow of trees, and I hope to catch the spots of sunlight reavealing them in the shadows. Hope is the operative word.! I'll post the finished paintings by next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment