Saturday, November 1, 2008

BEST HOUR OF THE DAY

BEST HOUR OF THE DAY


UNTITLED, oil 9x12, linen panel, $350 unframed
What a day! After I bought half price halloween candy, I headed out to take advantage of this beautiful weather. I covered several miles in pretty country, but ended up about 2 miles from home on this creek. I was surprised there were no people fishing on the banks. Had the place all to myself. Set up the oil paint equipment and had this scene done in about an hour.
Here is the actual scene..........
Nothing complicated in the way I painted it. I made an effort to keep the shadow side muted to let the sunny foliage stand out. There are 6 other ways I could have painted it, but this was a lucky day when it just seemed to flow. A little voice said: don't mess it up by overdoing! So I behaved. Even left the sky unpainted.
Anyone got advice on photographing with my Canon A710 so that it won't have vertical lines????. This one was taken outside because photographing my paintings inside are prone to glare. I wonder if the linen canvas accentuated the vertical lines? I've got a lot to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment