Friday, September 23, 2011

Stop!

The eternal painters question is - when to stop.   So I stopped, after an adjustment here, and cooling off there, punching in that area, taming down this area, etc.     I love this stream, and could paint it again and again.   











Here are the steps:



block- in over a yellow tone





















next step - more cool mass shapes








tweak time - what needs fixing before I ruin it?












brushwork close up





There are twenty different ways this could be painted, and I've learned that's probably the best thing to do - stop here and paint several more.   Gee, it's fun to push that oil paint around!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robin. I love the step-by-step process. And I think it is, right now, a most beautiful painting. Your love for this stream is apparent in the painting!

    ReplyDelete