Sunday, February 26, 2012

For Good Cause

The Red Cross sponsored a gaming night "The Big Deal" with a silent auction, all kinds of gaming tables, good food, and artists painting on site who donated their pieces to auction.  
I started painting this 24x30 just before 7pm and this is how it looked at 9:30- so I sent it to auction "to be completed" and it found a new home.    
Everyone near hear remembers April 2011 and was glad to have  Red Cross help with those horrific tornados.  Good cause. Great evening.

It's a larger version of a recent painting of early morning at a marina.
The party was at the new Ingalls Harbor Pavillion in Decatur Al.








the  first stage.....








General consensus among the artists : nerve racking to paint in front of a crowd. All the artists produced fine work, though....

2 comments:

  1. It's a beauty, Robin. Kudos to you for painting in front of an audience, and doing it for such a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin, I found your blog by the way of ‘Studio at the Farm’ and know I am going to enjoy it. Just wanted to mention that I used to manage a lovely little gift shop then owned by the National Trust just a few steps from the White House in DC called Decatur House! It is the historic home named after its first owner and occupant Stephen Decatur and built in1818…. and now a museum come function building with a sweet little gift shop. I no longer live in the States, but every time I hear some one mention the name Decatur it brings back fond memories of my time in the Dc area. I really like your painting here and the tree above is just beautiful. Such a painterly watercolour way with oils.

    ReplyDelete