Tuesday, November 18, 2008

HAVE YOU BEEN TO TUSCANY?

HAVE YOU BEEN TO TUSCANY?

Villa, 12x16, framed in silver, at ARTifacts Gallery Florence Al, $525
This is the demonstration painting from our monthly oil painting class. There is better detail when you click on the photo. One of the painters had just returned from a visit to Italy and graciously loaned us some of her memories from the trip. The palette colors are quite ordinary- burnt sienna(ha!), cad yellow lemon, viridian, Ultramarine, cad red light. I find the simpler I can make the compositions, the better, so that big major shape of a dark triangle is the hinge that centralizes the view. I had help from the other painters in the class - they kept me on track with perspective and shapes. That really helps both learning painters and me. We all must go through the mental evaluating process at every stage. Takes a village.... If you go to Tuscany I'll be happy to be your baggage handler!


No comments:

Post a Comment