Wednesday, January 28, 2009

FOG AND SNOW


...OR FOG AND SNOW ON THE SAME DAY......
It started out at least 51 degrees before dawn today. Yesterday was warm enough for shorts (this is still January). I'm looking out my window at snow still in the crevices of my roof. Its supposed to be sunny tomorrow. So it's a roller coaster - isn't that supposed to be March?
I painted a plein air study of this place back in October, and it was a complete dud. So that's what I selected to try again today. I used the dud study and my photos. It was a lovely foggy morning with the sun beginning to burn through. Again, you'll have to take my word that it's better in person. Wet paint is tough for me to photograph, and the sky is a orange tint instead of yellow. The colors are so complicated, yet light. Kind of like looking out my window today at the gray day, but with that streak of sunshine coming through.
Fog Lifting, 12x16, oil on Raymar brand board
now at ARTifacts Gallery, Florence Al, framed in silver and ready for you

No comments:

Post a Comment