Monday, July 20, 2009

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

Cooling, 20x16
First, the photographer is Al Bello. This is a study - demonstration for our oil painting class. The photograph used was a small black and white reproduction in our local paper of Mine That Bird - the Kentucky Derby winner. I won't sell it because I used someone elses' photograph. But you might like to see that every painting doesn't have to be a masterpiece. I learned so much in trying techniques to convey the water. Considering all the jabbering I was doing while demonstrating, it's a wonder it came out at all. So many things need correcting that it would be best for me to do it over - and that would be fun. I'll just keep this one as pavement on the learning curve!
the water texture might show if you click on the photo

No comments:

Post a Comment