Thursday, December 1, 2011

Practice

Six Practice Pieces





these are little 5x7 paintings done for students showing ways to say alot with a little paint.  They're done on a canvas pad with the idea that painting can be like learning to play the piano - not every one will be like playing a concert.  Experimenting puts new life to the paint!
Here is the sheet of little paintings..  I used that ugly wide blue tape to make sections, then pulled it off when finished.  I didn't try to make them uniform size because I wanted them to be studies, not intended to be framed.   If any are successful, I'll paint another version.      Even the sheet of canvas was reused - underneath was a little practice scene and I just painted over it.
And here are some of the steps in painting them:










No comments:

Post a Comment