Friday, March 13, 2009

HERE COMES SPRING

6X6, oil on cradled panel $95 (Morning Glory)
HERE COMES SPRING
Here's a blurry photo of flowers I've been working on for the FAIRHOPE ART FESTIVAL coming up next weekend, March 20,21& 22. I'm rushing spring - there is seldom enough spring weather for me, so flowers are a way to extend the season. Several years ago we had a great spray of these morning glory vines. I took the photos with my old Pentax, and now I can see a big difference in the digital photos I take. The Pentax made much sharper images. I don't need a great photo for painting, but these old snapshots almost make me feel nostalgic for the good ole days.
Anyway, I want to have a good selection of affordable paintings for the show, and I hope you get to come see them.
hey - that photo looks like I'm actually holding a flower! I'm really holding the cradled board with one hand and the camera in the other to keep the glare off the wet paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment