Saturday, July 27, 2013

IS MY HOT BATH READY?

what I do with a painting that didn't make it. .. there is much less constraint when I paint studies over an old oil painting.   The underneath landscape was just ok.  So that calls for juicier paint that will cover the underlying painting.  Since it's a study, I'm not as concerned about archival presentation.   Oil paint becomes transparent as it ages ,so in many many years the landscape might peep thru.   This one probably wont make it to a collectors wall and I have learned and enjoyed pushing the paint around.
This one is also my entry for the Dixie Girls Paint Challenge for August.......
Here is the progression from a sanded old landscape to present day tomatoes - all ready for canning - Is "My Bath Ready Yet?":

No comments:

Post a Comment